Sunday, July 1, 2018

Process Note: the absurdity continues...Cyd Onstage in "Once"

The musical production of "Once, the Musical" has just finished its run, but it turns out we are not allowed to post videos from the show. So, I've pulled a couple of still frames out to post instead.  If you are one of my friends, followers, or family, please email me and request the videos. I am allowed to privately text or mail them; just not post to social media. I've converted the videos to mp4, so they are small and easy to mail.

I was understudy for the character of "Baruska," usually played by Livia Genise, and I had the opportunity to plug into four of the shows on her behalf. This production was directed by Valerie Rachelle and featured so many wonderful actors and musicians. I was honored to be among them.
Cyd Ropp (center, gold jacket) as Baruska, in Oregon Cabaret Theatre's production of "Once, the Musical." With Charlotte Morris, Paul Henry, Michael Spencer, Olivia Nice, and Christopher Fordinal.
In the scene below, my character, Baruska, tells a tragic parable about lost opportunities in Czech, which her daughter simply translates as, "Good luck!" The two other actors onstage are "Girl" played by Olivia Nice, and "Guy" played by Christopher Fordinal. 
 Uh oh. Busted. So quickly, too. videos removed by union rules. Here's a still shot instead.

In this scene, Baruska (Cyd Ropp) joins with the flat's Czech roommates to sing "Ej Pada Pada."  Spivat!

What a great production and wonderful theatre company. Terrific troupe of players! Please visit this link for complete list of production credits. True professionals in every job! I thoroughly enjoyed working with so many people who knew what they were doing and did it so well.

Thank you, Oregon Cabaret Theatre, for the opportunity!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cyd, I'm so happy for you that you've found this wonderful creative experience. You're fantastic on stage. Thanks for sharing these clips. I wish I could be there to applaud you in person. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave sincere comments for the blog, you will be answered by the author.