Sharing memes accomplishes at least three things I can think of:
- revealing your important memes to others in the hopes they will pick them up and use them;
- revealing your important memes to others so that others will know you better;
- building communities through shared memes.
- mottos, sayings, and maxims, like "Onward and Upward" or "It's All Good"
- iconic artwork, photos, architecture, etc. that you admire
- favorite books, movies, songs
- favorite things, like Rocky Road ice cream, or puppies, or sunsets
- values that are important to you, like Justice or Liberty